Saturday, June 09, 2007
POS MALAYSIA TO DISBURSE FUEL SUBSIDY ON 1 JULY 2008


KUALA LUMPUR, Thursday – Pos Malaysia Berhad (PMB) today announced that in line with yesterday’s decision made by the Government on fuel subsidy, PMB has been appointed as the agent for disbursement of this subsidy to eligible vehicle owners. Eligible Malaysians can start to claim the subsidy at all 686 post offices countrywide effective on 1 July 2008.

As announced by the Government, vehicles with valid Road Tax from 1 April 2008 until 31 March 2009 are entitled for the annual subsidy. Owners of cars up to 2,000 cc as well as pick-up trucks and jeeps up to 2,500 cc will receive RM625 for each vehicle. Motorcycles up to 250 cc will receive RM150 each.

Vehicle owners who come personally to make the claim at post offices shall be paid in cash. Those who appoint third parties to claim on their behalf shall receive the Money Order that will be mailed directly to the owner’s address that is furnished to PMB when making the claim.

Further details of the procedures and related documents required for the claim will be announced soon.

“PMB, through its extensive network of 686 post offices countrywide will be ready to serve our customers in handling the subsidy payments in a convenient and timely manner,” said Datuk Abu Huraira Abu Yazid, Acting Managing Director / Group Chief Executive Officer of PMB.


POS MALAYSIA BERHAD
(229990-M)
Corporate Communications Department
34th Floor, Menara Dayabumi, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50050 Kuala LumpurTel : +603-2267 2000 Fax : +603-2274 5951 url : www.pos.com.my PosLine : 1-
 
posted by JEI @ JEIZONE at 17:07 |


1 Comments:


At Monday, June 09, 2008, Blogger Unknown

1) How many cars are over 2000cc?? Few or may be very few only. Meaning that many (rich or poor), will still benefit from the cash rebate irrespective of their gas using habit. This is not what we want. We want the poor to receive more.

2) Let say I am a businessman who runs a car rental service and I own 50 cars for rental. I rent the car to customers and customers fill and pay for the petrol themselves, so essentially I will receive $31,250.00 ($625.00 x 50) annual cash rebate for doing nothing, extra profit from the stupid policy maker and government.

3) Let say I am a filthy rich man and I own 5 luxury cars but all are below 2000cc, or may be I am just a rich man who likes to own nice cars, then I will be entitled $3,125.00 ($625.00 x 5) annual cash rebate despite being filthy rich with overspending lifestyle while my fellow poor neighbor who owns a Honda 70cc kap-cai only receive $150 annual cash rebate despite being poor and living a thrifty lifestyle!!! VERY STUPID GOVERNMENT!!!

4) Let say I am a poor man who don't own any cars/motorbike and I rely on public transportation to go to/from work, then I will not get anything sumore I am likely to pay more for transportation fares due to the diesel hike, despite me being very poor not even capable of owning a motorbike, being nice for using public transportation thus relieving road congestion, being environmental friendly by not burning fossil fuels, but in return I get punished!!!! DAMN STUPID GOVERNMENT!!!!!

5) And lastly can the uncle-uncle and auntie-auntie at the POS offices handle the sudden surge in demand for counter services as a result of the cash rebate?? Judging from the services and experiences I had with those uncles and aunties, I don't think so!

Anyway, I am not all critics and no help. My suggestion is why not implement the rebate in the form of income tax relief/rebate base on income level?"